This expert group meeting discussed the topic for the "Policy Review Article" being prepared by ECES. Specifically, the meeting discussed the following energy policy questions:
- What are the fiscal implications of subsidy reform? Will the government continue at the current pace, and what is the foreseen time span for reforms?
- What are the expected inflationary implications of the current subsidy removal program?
- If supply of energy falls short of foreseen energy demand, how will this hinder growth?
- How can we capture the cost of the current and foreseen energy mix on growth?
- Dr. Bruno Carre (CEO and Managing Director of Suez Cement),
- Dr. Tamer Abou Bakr (Head of the Committee on Energy, The Federation of Egyptian Industries,
- Dr. Mohamed El-Sobki (Professor of Electric Power Systems - Cairo University / Director - Energy Research Center, Energy Advisor – Environics, Environment and Development Advisors),
- Ms. Sarah Al-Nashar, Economist, World Bank Egypt,
- Mr. Yasser Sherif (Managing Director, Environics, Environment and Development Advisors),
- Mr. Ayman Korra (Chairman and CEO, Consukorra),
- Ms. Amina Taha (PICO),
- Mr. Mohamed Shoeib (Managing Director, Al-Qalaa Holdings)
- Mr. Sherif El Diwany, Executive Director, ECES
- Dr. Omneia Helmy, Director of Research, ECES
- Dr. Iman Al-Ayouty, Senior Economist, ECES
- Ms. Nadine Abdel Raouf, Research Analyst, ECES